Should we be writing off java, as Oracle continues to struggle to patch up java. I REMEMBER the advice I and I am sure everybody else got was to disable Java. Since then it’s become an almost weekly find and starting to look like a zero day scenario ,Like what we see with Microsoft.It may be Time to consider Java coming as an optional Download with Operating Systems like Windows,instead its starting to look like Crap ware.I can only imagine a System Admin Debating whether to Install or update Java on a Daily Basis especially when Mission critical Software Demands Java.
Is this the End of Java as we know it?
What other alternatives are out there?
What are your thoughts?
- Security too risky with Java (triblive.com)
- Java : explain Closure in this code (stackoverflow.com)
- Java: How to fix your biggest Internet security risk (foxnews.com)
- Microsoft offers warning on fake Java update alerts (neowin.net)
- Oracle’s Latest Java Patch Contains Huge Security Flaw Update of 50 Fixes (hothardware.com)
- Petition: Stop bundling crapware with Java (change.org)
- Forget the Super Bowl. Critical Java patch released; update now (zdnet.com)
- New malware exploiting Java 7 in Windows and Unix systems (reviews.cnet.com)