|Due to a new agreement between WhatsApp and Google, WhatsApp backups will no longer count against Google Drive storage quota. However, any WhatsApp backups that have not been updated in more than a year will automatically be removed from storage.|
|This policy will go into effect for all users on November 12, 2018 though some users may see the quota benefits earlier. To avoid the loss of any backups, we recommend that people manually back up WhatsApp before November 12, 2018.|
I just happened upon this article on ARS Technica:AOSP vs GOOGLE That highlights what many have suspected that Google is reigning in control.This comes on the heels of the EU fining Google 5 Billion Dollars(yes its true).
How do you ensure that the older generation remember their passwords,in a world that has increased the number of passwords one has to remember?
What happens when they pass on and you have to take care of various accounts?
In this case a notebook where they write down their passwords is a great idea provided they lock it up.
Let me know your suggestions.
This is by no means a thorough explanation of the history of hacking is,but an attempt at showing its history.
HACKING and its ORIGINS
Currently hacking is defined as to gain illegal or unauthorized access to a file, computer, or network.The term has changed over time:
Phase 1: early 1960s to 1970s
- It was a positive term
- A “hacker” was a creative programmer who wrote elegant or clever code
- A “hack” was an especially clever piece of code
Phase 2: 1970s to mid 1990s
- Hacking took on negative connotations
- Breaking into computers for which the hacker does not have authorized access
- Still primarily individuals
- Includes the spreading of computer worms and viruses and ‘phone phreaking’
- Companies began using hackers to analyze and improve security
Phase 3: beginning with the mid 1990s
- The growth of the Web changed hacking; viruses and worms could be spread rapidly
- Political hacking (Hacktivism) surfaced
- Denial-of-service (DoS) attacks used to shut down Websites
- Large scale theft of personal and financial information