Interesting take for any one taking and introduction in Programming
I’ll be discussing one particular development of Information Systems: The System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
It is said it can be seen as a very methodological and structural way of developing I.S. It’s used to develop,maintain and replace I.S. It was first developed in 1970 and has been progressing since. Generally consisting of 5 phases: 1.Planning, 2. Analysis, 3. Design, 4. Implementation and 5. Maintenance.
Companies choose SDLC for a number of reasons, some being:
- To help improve existing systems.
- To correct problems with existing systems.
- To gain competitive advantage.
- It helps to reduce failures (unclear requests etc.)
- Reducing the possibility of system not meeting users needs.
These are to name but a few.
Here is a diagram I found which might make the stages clearer, although this particular image shows it to be a 10 stage process, the 5 stages we have studied in class are laid out in a clear manner which some of…
View original post 13 more words