Wow how interesting,now that’s forward thinking facebook ,with their current Business Model they are Headed for Doom,they have no new Products to Offer!!
- Facebook tests Wi-Fi calling, and voice app in Canada (gigaom.com)
- Facebook begins testing VoIP service in Canada (business.financialpost.com)
- Facebook chooses Canada as test market for new feature to make free phone calls (o.canada.com)
- Facebook adds voice messages to Messenger app, and tests free voice calls in Canada (phonearena.com)
- Facebook Messenger Gains Voice Messaging Feature, VoIP in Canada (besttechie.com)
- Facebook tests free voice calling in Messenger app (theverge.com)
Facebook (s fb) is testing a new calling feature on its Messenger iOS (s aapl) app in Canada that could push more voice communications away from the carriers and help drive adoption of over-the-top VoIP calling apps. The social networking giant will let Canadian users call their friends over a Wi-Fi connection, mimicking similar functionality from VoIP calling apps like GTalk (s goog)or Skype(s msft). It’s part of an update to Messenger that also allows users to record a voice message and send it over — something those of us with fat fingers and complex texts will appreciate.
Users outside of Canada (and those using Android) can receive the Wi-Fi call attempts calls as a push-to-talk messages, and it’s unclear if or when Facebook plans to offer Android users similar Wi-Fi calling functionality. I am not a big Facebook user, but I love VoIP on my handset, and use…
View original post 195 more words